8 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Chihuahuas
There are some fascinating things about Chihuahuas that most people don’t know. Chihuahuas are the most misunderstood breed there is. Here are 8 things you probably didn’t know or were misinformed about.
- Christopher Columbus may have brought them to America. Although it is not an established fact that they were Chihuahuas, he did mention tiny dogs in a letter to King Ferdinand.
- They have a soft spot on their head like human babies do. As if they weren’t already baby enough. The soft spot is called a molera. Some Chihuahuas have them all their lives.
- There are two types of Chihuahua. The deer head and the apple head. The skull of an apple head Chihuahua is rounded, like an apple. The skull of a deer head Chihuahua is narrower and shaped similar to a miniature deer. Their snouts are usually (but not always) longer.
- They are very intelligent. Contrary to what some people believe, Chihuahua’s brains are bigger in comparison to their bodies than other dog’s brains. Therefore, they are very smart and easy to train.
- The Chihuahua is the smallest dog breed in the world.
- The Taco Bell Dog of the 1990’s sounded like a boy, but “he” was really a female Chihuahua named Gidget.
1999 Taco Bell Commercial
A pack of wild Chihuahuas took over a town in Arizona in 2014.
Share these fascinating facts by clicking on one of the icons below: